Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Guitar playing spirit?

     The other night, I was sitting quietly doing some writing on my laptop. Suddenly the 'A" string on my old guitar leaning against the wall in the corner, played by itself. This is my first "good" guitar, a birthday present from my folks when I was 16.

My recently deceased son loved this guitar. He begged to take it to his various apartments, and I begged him to watch over it carefully; it would be his someday, but was still very dear to me in sentimental value, I didn't want it stolen.

I've had guitars leaning against walls in the studio and living areas of several homes over the past 40 years, and none have ever played themselves. James, was that you? I think it was; you knew that would get my attention more than anything. Or was it you Dad? Both of you played, and both of you passed away recently. Keep it up, I like it.

No comments: