Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Blocking the "little voice"

Last night I did double duty; I played at a favorite 'gig' with a talented friend, but was also asked to "see' something for someone in the audience.

I learned long ago to turn off the psychic antennae as much as possible when I was doing my music job. Otherwise, the feelings coming in from a room full of people can get in the way.

 Is that guy in the corner a serial killer or just someone who had a fight with his girlfriend? That's what it feels like. It warns of danger; but it doesn't distinguish between minor and major, it all feels important, it all feels like a serious warning.

As a kid, this gave me a very rough time; I didn't know others didn't feel this way.
I just knew I was nervous and upset a lot. It took years to figure it out.

Last night, someone asked me to "see" something for them, and all I saw was a name. I gave him the name and asked who it was; it was someone he worked with. "Is he alright?" I asked. "No," he answered, suddenly looking away.

I told him this meant he was supposed to call him or ask him how he could help, to be the voice of encouragement in this persons' life. "Why me?" he asked, jokingly.
"I don't know," I answered, I sometimes ask myself the same question."

Happy Thanksgiving to all, be the voice of enouragement when you can be. Everyone has a story, and most are worse than yours. Be as kind as you can, we're only here temporarily...

No comments: